Looking for the perfect opportunity to kickstart your journey towards a career in physiotherapy, exercise physiology or hand therapy? Apply now to be our next intern superstar!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Flexout Health Internship Program provides an opportunity for allied health students in the fields of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and exercise physiology to learn the tricks of the trade in a multidisciplinary private practice. The program includes:
- Professional development and mentoring opportunities with senior clinicians;
- Shadowing senior clinicians, including speciality areas such as women’s health, hand therapy, occupational therapy, sports physiotherapy;
- Exposure group exercise classes such as clinical pilates, GLA:D, hydrotherapy and spinal fitness.
To be considered for the program, applicants must:
- Be in their second, third or fourth year of study;
- Be enrolled full-time at the local university in the relevant degree;
- Be a student member of their professional body such as APA or ESSA;
- Possess sound academic ability;
- Have an up-to-date Working with Children Check, first aid certificate and police check.
To apply, applicants must apply online prior to the closing date. Potential candidates will be shortlisted and required to attend an interview. Students will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Familiarity with the Flexout Health brand, values, mission and promise;
- ‘Fit’ with the Flexout Health core values;
- Grade point average;
- Have a passion for their role, professionalism and motivation to learn.
The Flexout Health Internship Program is a voluntary role. For those who successfully complete the Internship Program and go on to successfully complete the two-year Flexout Health New Graduate Program, an employment bonus of $2,000 is offered, payable on completion of the second year of employment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful applicant will undertake a three-month probationary period and be given the opportunity to take up a position in the Flexout Health Internship Program for one calendar year. Contracts are available for renewal each year the applicant remains engaged in full-time study, provided the appropriate standards and expectations have been met. Graduates from the Flexout Health Internship Program are not guaranteed a position in the Flexout Health New Graduate Program. Successful completion does, however, provide applicants with a significant competitive advantage over fellow applicants.
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE INTERNSHIPS
- HAND THERAPY | CANBERRA
Program outline: https://bit.ly/handtherapyyprogram
Registration form: https://bit.ly/handinternship
Applications close: Sunday 31st December, 2023